We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (Covid-19) developments and will continue to prioritize the safety of our guests and crew. We are aware of the latest travel advisories issued by government agencies and are monitoring all updates issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centres for Disease Control (CDC).
We have always employed stringent safety and sanitation protocols on each and every one of our ships, and we will continue to do so (with special measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19). We follow the recommendations from CLIA for onboarding procedures, requiring all persons boarding the ship (including guests, crew, service providers, local guides) to complete a questionnaire before entering. Anyone who has been to mainland China, South Korea, Iran or any municipality in Italy subject to quarantine measures by the Italian government within 14 days of the beginning of their trip will not be permitted to embark on any Uniworld ship. Anyone who has had close contact with or helped care for anyone suspected or diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of embarkation will not be permitted onboard.
To help alleviate the uncertainty our guests may be feeling about their upcoming cruise, we have released a temporary update to the terms of our cancellation policy for all 2020 cruises to allow our guests more time to make a decision about their travel plans. Guests can cancel up to 14 days prior to their cruise and receive a Future Cruise Credit for the penalty amount incurred at time of cancellation, or they can rebook any 2020 cruise without penalty. Non-penalized amount will be refunded at time of cancellation. Guests also have the option to rebook with one of our Travel Corporation sister brands for 2020 or 2021. Exception: Published cancellation policies will apply to cruise/tours booked for Oberammergau.
- Valid for all 2020 bookings, excluding cruise/tours booked for Oberammergau 2020.
- Future Cruise Credit is based on penalty amount incurred at time of cancellation for the cruise and included land portion only, less nonrefundable fees such as air cancellation fees.
- Future Cruise Credit is considered used once applied and cannot be re-issued if new booking is cancelled.
- Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any 2020 or 2021 departure.
- In addition to Uniworld and U River Cruises, Future Cruise Credit is applicable to the following Travel Corporation brands: Insight Vacations, Luxury Gold, Trafalgar and African Travel.
- Applies to the cruise/cruise-tour portion of trip only, airfare will be subject to cancellation fees if ticketed.
- Airfares booked through Uniworld are subject to airline cancellation fees.
- Travel Protection Programme fees are nonrefundable.
- These terms are temporary and are subject to change at any time.