At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew are always our top priorities. After the decision was made on March 13th to voluntarily suspend our sailings departing from US ports, we’ve now made the decision to also suspend operations for the remainder of our sailings worldwide, effective at midnight, March 15th. If you are currently onboard a cruise, there’s no need to worry. We will complete our current sailing and debark as planned. Our goal is to resume operations on April 11th, 2020.
As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021
• This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 13th, 2020 via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
• Please know, if you pre-purchased any amenities and packages – like internet, beverage, dining, or RoyalUp Upgrade, those will be automatically refunded.
Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You have until December 31, 2021 to request a refund.
• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
We know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next cruise vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.