Cancelled Sailing’s 1012 and G011-G011a / Early Debark G010-G010a

0

Royal Princess
Yesterday Princess Cruises was requested by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to share information about a crew member who previously served on Grand Princess and transferred to Royal Princess fifteen days ago. The crew member is now 15 days past last potential exposure to COVID-19, has always remained asymptomatic, and had no known contact or exposure to other guests and crew who became symptomatic.

After sharing all information and details about the crew member, the CDC approved clearance for Royal Princess yesterday with no restrictions placed on the vessel. However late this afternoon, they informed us of their decision to issue a no-sail order until the crew member was tested for COVID-19. We have unfortunately been unable to obtain this test given the late timing of the request. As the crew member testing process and timing is uncertain, we have cancelled the cruise. We share in your disappointment and offer our sincere apologies. The safety, health and well-being of our guests and crew is always our top priority.

Regal Princess
Today Princess Cruises was requested by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to share information about two crew members who previously served on Grand Princess and transferred to Regal Princess fifteen days ago.  The crew members are past the maximum incubation of COVID-19, have been evaluated, and have never developed any respiratory symptoms or fever. The crew members had no known contact or exposure to other guests or crew who were ill on Grand Princess and they received a precautionary screening by the Medical Staff upon boarding Royal Regal Princess to test for respiratory symptoms, including fever.
 
After sharing all information and details about the crew members, the CDC informed us of their decision that guests will be unable to disembark from the current Regal Princess voyage until they review the medical logs and the crew members are tested for COVID-19. Subsequently, the US Coast Guard has indicated that there may be delays in bringing the ship alongside. While the two crew members will be tested tomorrow morning when we arrive in Port Everglades, we cannot be assured that embarkation will not be significantly impacted and therefore we have made the difficult decision to cancel your cruise so as not to inconvenience you even further. We share in your disappointment and offer our sincere apologies. The safety, health and well-being of our guests and crew is always our top priority.

Share.