At P&O Cruises we take your wellbeing very seriously. Although the risk to our guests and crew is low, we recognise the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is potentially unsettling. Rest assured that across the company, our experts are following closely with the World Health Organization (WHO) and Public Health England to ensure you can still enjoy the holiday you deserve.
Sailing can provide the flexibility to adapt to new situations
We are closely monitoring the situation and are able to react quickly to any arising challenges. We have, for example, recently made some changes to Arcadia’s World Cruise itinerary to avoid Asia and minimise any risks for our guests and crew. This level of agility is an example of how well we are positioned to deliver the holiday you’ve been looking forward to.
Protecting guests and crew
All of our ships have a Medical Centre on board and we have a whole team of medical experts ashore. These teams are closely following latest advice from the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), Public Health England (PHE) and UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to put special control measures into effect across the P&O Cruises fleet – :
- For everyone’s safety, we will be conducting pre-boarding screenings for all guests, crew and visitors in all ports of embarkation. Further medical evaluation will be carried out if necessary. Please note: as part of these measures, guests and crew who have travelled from or through mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau within 14 days of embarkation will not be permitted to board our ships.
- Following advice, we are also applying a further precautionary measure at this time; anyone who has travelled through or from some of the currently identified higher risk locations (please see our latest Health Advisory for current list) within 14 days of embarkation will undergo an enhanced pre-boarding screening to assess whether they should be permitted to board.
- Individuals who, within 14 days of embarkation, have had close contact with anyone suspected or diagnosed as having coronavirus (COVID-19), or who are currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19), will not be permitted to board our ships.
- All guests and crew visiting our on-board Medical Centres with symptoms of any respiratory illness will be risk-assessed for coronavirus (COVID-19) and action will be taken as necessary.
- Working with the relevant public health authorities, environmental disinfection on board will be performed in line with the highest level of hygiene.
We’re a trusted British brand
As a hugely experienced and trusted British brand, we’re well placed to give you a fantastic experience ashore and on board. The vast majority of our holidays feature full days in port, and many cruises also include evenings or overnights in port which enable you to explore the local surroundings. On many of our adventures you can sail roundtrip from our home port of Southampton for added peace of mind.
All of these measures, combined with our ongoing collaboration with the relevant authorities, mean you can have peace of mind when choosing to holiday with P&O Cruises.