Public health authorities believe older travelers with severe, chronic medical conditions are more susceptible to contracting coronavirus.
The following individuals will temporarily not be allowed to sail:
• Guests who have been hospitalized in the last two months for, or have a history of, severe or chronic medical conditions.
• Per CDC, chronic conditions are defined as an illness persisting for a long time or constantly recurring, such as diabetes, heart, kidney or lung disease, suppressed immunity (i.e., active cancer, taking steroids) or require oxygen for any reason.
• Guests who are 70 years and older, will be required to present a doctor’s “fit to sail’ letter at check-in, confirming they do not meet any of the health/medical criteria.
• Customers who are unable to present this letter, will not be allowed to cruise.
• Guests who have been to or traveled through China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Japan, Singapore in the last 20 days prior to embarkation.
• Guests who have been in contact with another person diagnosed with or tested for COVID-19.
Guests who meet any of the above criteria must cancel their reservation and may select one of the following options:
• Receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). In addition, guests will also receive a future onboard credit – US$300 per stateroom if they were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 5 days or less; US$600 per stateroom if they were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 6 days or longer – when they rebook their future cruise.
• Receive a cash refund, to be processed to the original form of payment within 90 days.
Guests traveling in the same stateroom as the impacted party are also eligible for the compensation options listed above.
Any accompanying family or friends in separate staterooms who also wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit.
Pre-purchased shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded. If guests select a refund, please note it will be processed in approximately 90 days.
We recognize the impact of these new policies and sincerely apologize for any disruption to your clients’ vacation plans. We trust you understand these temporary policies reflect an industry wide agreement with the U.S. government that were made with your clients’ best interest at heart.
Carnival Cruise Line
The FCC is non-transferable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, has no cash value and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing on or before 3/31/21. The FCC may only be used toward the cruise fare of one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid and cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking. If the amount of the new cruise is less than the amount of the FCC, the difference will be applied as a nonrefundable onboard credit with a maximum of $500 onboard credit per cabin. Any additional unused portion of the FCC will be forfeited. All monies paid for Carnival Vacation Protection plan is non-refundable and will not be included in the FCC.